Emergency Services - Lieutenant
DAWSON COUNTY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
220.127.116.11 Internal Competitive
Job Title: Lieutenant
Department: Dawson County Emergency Services
Salary: Minimum Starting Salary $14.80/Hour
LETTERS OF INTENT AND RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL 5:00 PM, January 18, 2019
The purpose of this classification is to supervise a shift of paid and volunteer staff that is assigned to a station. To respond to emergency calls, providing supervision for emergency responses, assure appropriate documentation is completed for the efficient operation of the company, to provide training and other assigned duties.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of three (3) years fulltime experience with Dawson County OR five (5) years fulltime experience with another career department
• Georgia State Certified EMT-I, EMT-A or Paramedic
• Georgia State Firefighter's Certification
• NPQ FF II
• NPQ Fire Apparatus Operator
• Fire Officer I and Fire Instructor I
• NIMS 100,200,300, 400, 700, 800
• NPQ Evaluator
• NPQ Haz-Mat Awareness
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License and maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), along with the ability to obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Applicant must pass a background check and drug screening
Click Here to view a full job description.
This will be a multi-part process to include a written exam. After the written exam there will be an assessment center which will include scenarios, hot seat, and an interview. You will be able to follow along with Career Matrix, as you will need to have those classes completed to retain the position.
Candidates will be able to test for one rank higher than their current rank without the required classes, for this test only. Any candidate receiving a promotion that does not have the required classes in accordance with the career matrix, will have two years from date of promotion to obtain the required classes. Failure to do so will require the candidate to return to his/her previously held positon or the next open vacancy.
Letters of Intent and resumes may be mailed or delivered to the Dawson County Human Resources Department, 25 Justice Way, Suite 2233, Dawsonville, GA 30534; Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; or emailed to DCemployment@dawsoncounty.org. All applications submitted are subject to public disclosure under the Georgia Open Records Act.
Dawson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.