Request for Quote - Fire & Sprinkler Alarms and Hood Systems Testing and Certifications
Dawson County is currently requesting quotes from qualified vendors who specialize in fire and alarm inspection, testing and certification in all government owned buildings for the year of 2014. The contract has the option of two (2) one (1) year renewals. All work should be completed to Federal, State, and Local codes, including industry standards. A detailed report will be provided to the Facilities Director upon completion. Locations and specifications listed below.
• Conduct a main flow test of the drains at risers recording required pressures
• Visual inspection and operational test of sprinkler alarm, valves, dry valves, and fire pumps
• Testing of all sprinkler associated alarm devices
• Walk through inspection verifying proper sprinkler temperature, location, temperature rating, and condition (external) of the sprinkler heads, fittings, and piping on all areas protected by the fire sprinkler system.
• Alarm systems and all devices tested: smoke detectors, pull stations, duct detectors, horns, strobes, speakers, control panels, elevator recall and fire doors.
• In the Government Center, the inspection of the secured server room.
• Hood systems should be inspected in accordance with NFPA 17 standards and all Federal, State and Local codes. Perform preventative maintenance.
Note: Portables are not included in this request.
SITE VISIT INFORMATION: There will be an optional site visit scheduled for Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 10:00AM, EST. Vendors are to meet in the lobby of the Dawson County Government Center located at 25 Justice Way, Dawsonville, GA 30534.
Future information will not be emailed to vendors. All updates will be posted on this page. All questions should be directed to Davida Simpson, Purchasing Director. Contact information is included in detailed request for quote.