P.O. Box 598
Dawsonville, GA 30534
(706) 344-3603 phone
(706) 344-3703 fax
Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The mission of Dawson Transit it to provide quality, timely and cost effective transportation services for all Dawson County citizens.
Dawson Transit Overview
Dawson Transit has been providing public transportation services since the spring of 2001 for residents of Dawson County. Dawson Transit currently operates four buses, all equipped with wheelchair lifts. These buses meet the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements. Our staff is well trained to assist riders on and off the vehicle and to secure your wheelchair so that you arrive to your destination safely.
- Bus services are available for residents of all ages.
- Riders under 12 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- A child safety seat must be provided by the accompanying adults for children under 6.
- Pets are not allowed on vehicles, unless they are Certified assistance animals.
How to Schedule a Ride
Dawson Transit operates on an advanced reservation basis, and on a first come, first serve basis. To schedule a trip, call our office 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Please schedule your trip at least 24 hours before your requested trip time.
Buses run from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Buses do not operate on weekends or on special holiday.
Areas of Service
- Dawson County: Monday-Friday
- Dahlonega: Monday-Friday
- Cumming: Tuesday & Thursday
- Gainesville: Tuesday & Thursday
- Dawson County: $2.00 each direction
- Dahlonega: $4.00 each direction
- Cumming: $4.00 each direction
- Gainesville: $6.00 each direction
- Doctor Appointments
- Drug Store
- Local Parks
- Local Shopping
- Local Cinema
- Medical Appointments in surrounding counties: Forsyth, Hall and Lumpkin.