Classes & Instructional Activities
All information is subject to change. Please contact the main office at 706-344-3646 or by email for updates.
|Tennis Apprentice Program|
|• @ Rock Creek|
• Fridays (Classes will move to Mondays and will start 15 minutes later beginning in August 2018)
• Pre-Ballet (ages 2.5-4): 2:45-3:30pm*
|• Tap-Ballet (ages 5-7): 3:30-4:15pm**|
|• Jazz (ages 7+): 4:15-5:00pm***|
|• Annual registration fee: $35 (per family)|
|• Monthly tuition: $54 (multi-sibling discount available)|
*PRE-BALLET This is a structured program designed for the early development of technical ballet and movement. It precisely meets the needs and limitations of pre-school aged children by providing a carefully paced sequence of exercises to develop physical conditioning with poise and grace. Since children naturally respond to music and movement, the activities are presented through music. In the program, children learn self-discipline, listening skills, coordination skills, left and right discrimination and patterns in movement.
**TAP-BALLET The class teaches 20 minutes of tap and 25 minutes of ballet. Since ballet is the basis for all dance technique, the combination of Tap and Ballet work hand in hand. The technical training is taught through ballet, which in turn helps teach the proper shifting of weights and patterns in movement for tap. Since children naturally respond to music and movement, all activities are executed to fun music.
***JAZZ An exciting dance class that offers a wide range of fun and upbeat movement! Children will learn self-discipline, listening skills, coordination skills, left and right discrimination, patterns in movement, along with ballet, tap, and jazz dance technique. Students will also be exposed to Broadway and fun, popular styles of dance.
|Contact: Creative Movement and Dance|
Lessons are for beginners to advanced swimmers. Participants are tested on the first day of class to determine class placement. The swim instructor will work one-on-one with each individual child. Instructors will work on breathing, floating, and safety on the first day. After a day of assessment, the participant will be placed in the appropriate class level. The goal is to make sure each participant is safe and comfortable in the water. Please note: Parents do not need to get into the water.
• June & July
• Morning & Evening Lessons
• 1-week sessions (Mon-Fri)
• at Veterans Memorial Park
• $75 per session
Download Swim Lessons Flyer for session dates and times.
Minimum participation of 12 pre-registered participants per group/week is required. If minimum is not met, program is subject to cancellation and deposit will be refunded. Spaces are limited; REGISTER NOW! Pre-registration is required for this activity.
Contact: Rodney & Heather Moore, Instructors
Address: 49 Post Oak Drive Dawsonville, GA 30534
The Northeast Georgia Tennis Association is a USTA community tennis association offering activities in all seasons. NEGTA is a non-profit association whose purpose is to promote, grow, and support the sport of tennis. NEGTA also serves Hall, Habersham, Banks, White, Lumpkin, and Stephens.
- Level 2
- The Level 2 program is ONLY open to players who have completed tennis apprentice for beginners. Another beginner session will be offered in August - check back here for updates.
- Juniors (Ages 8-18): Monday/Wednesday - June 11, 13, 25, 27
- Adults: Tuesday/Thursday - June 12, 14, 26, 28
- at Rock Creek
- Fee: $50
- Fee includes four 1.5 hour lessons, 1-year USTA membership, 1 NEGTA league fee, and a free racquet
- Pro: Patsy Kilmartin
- Registration required - Registration will close at 20 participants or on program start date.
- Contact NEGTA rep Sharon Ross at email@example.com / (706) 499-7310 or visit www.USTANEGTA.com.