Commission Meeting Agendas Archive
Regular Meeting Agenda - August 21, 2008
DAWSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA - THURSDAY, AUGUST 21, 2008
THE G. L. PETE GILLELAND CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL 6:00 p.m.
A. ROLL CALL
B. OPENING PRESENTATION – Cristin Lees – Muscular Dystrophy Association
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of Regular Commission Meeting held on August 7, 2008
F. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
G. PUBLIC COMMENT (3 minute limit/person 15 minutes maximum)
Contributions more than $250
1. ZA 08-10: Linda Moore Kelly has submitted a request to rezone 2.55 acres of TMP #061 002 from RA (Residential Agricultural) to C-RB (Commercial-Rural Business) for a proposed wedding chapel and photography studio; Location: 5910 Kelly Bridge Road.
The Planning Commission postponed decision until August 19, 2008 meeting.
2. ZA 08-11: Clifton Daniel has submitted a request to rezone 1.291 acres of TMP #L19
057 from VCR (Vacation Cottage Restricted) to C-RB (Commercial Rural Business) to be able to continue a commercial use; Location: 1728 War Hill Park Road.
The Planning Commission recommended denial of the application.
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Health Department Rules and Regulations Ordinance – 1st of 2 hearings
2. Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance – 2nd of 2 hearings
3. Proposed Changes regarding Height Limitations - 1st of 2 hearings
4. CPCD Usages – 1st of 2 hearings
5. CIE Annual Update – 1st of 1 hearing
J. OLD BUSINESS
K. NEW BUSINESS
1. TEFRA Bond Approval
3. Renewal of County Health Insurance Plan
4. Approval of the 2007 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
7. ORDINANCE: Novelty or Toy like Lighters – Call to Action
8. Park & Recreation Board Appointment of Spencer Wright
9. GEB Corps Resolution and Power of Attorney (tabled on 08/07/08)
10. Acceptance of Donated Land for Senior Center parking lot
11. RESOLUTION: Dollar General Condemnation