Commission Meeting Agendas Archive
Regular Meeting Agenda - July 24, 2008
DAWSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA - THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2008
Rock Creek Park Community Room - 6:00 p.m.
1. ROLL CALL
2. OPENING PRESENTATION – Don Wells – Mountain Stewards
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
• Minutes of Regular Commission Meeting held on July 10, 2008
6. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
7. PUBLIC COMMENT (3 minute limit/person 15 minutes maximum)
Contributions more than $250
• ZA 08-07 - Russ Stephens has submitted a request to rezone 40 acres from R-2 to C-HB for use as a baseball complex for youth teams 8-18 years of age; TMP #113-032; Location: Lumpkin Campground Road.
• ZA 08-12 – Chris Moore d/b/a M&M Super Mart Moore has submitted a request to rezone TMP #031-025 from C-CB (Commercial Community Business) to C-HB (Commercial Highway Business) for a multi-purpose retail facility to include a proposed restaurant; Location 7430 Elliott Family Parkway.
• VR 08-07 – D.W. Moss, Inc. variance appeal. The applicant has submitted a variance request from the Dawson County Land Use Resolution, Section 305., to reduce the building setback requirements; TMP: 119-011; Zoned VCR; Location: 55 Day Road. The Planning Commission denied the request on June 17, 2008.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
• Condemnation Hearings - 2nd of 2 hearings
• Soil Erosion Ordinance - 1st of 2 hearings
10. OLD BUSINESS
11. NEW BUSINESS
• Package Liquor Store License: War Hill Beverage - Candy Adams and Douglas Adams
• Package Liquor Store License: Dawson Fine Wine & Spirits - Douglas Cotter and Gerald Davidson
• Fast Track of ZA 08-10:Linda Moore Kelly
• Appeal to Sign Ordinance – AR 08-01
• MDA Boot Drive
• RESOLUTION: Firefighter Recognition month
• Land & Water Conservation Fund Grant recommendation
• Approval of GDOT Contract for Cleve Wright Bridge replacement over Pigeon Creek