Commission Meeting Agendas Archive
Regular Meeting Agenda - September 18, 2008
DAWSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA - THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2008
THE G.L. PETE GILLELAND CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
A. ROLL CALL
B. OPENING PRESENTATION – CASA and The Little House program – Mr. Ragin Hause
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of Regular Commission Meeting held on August 7, 2008, August 21, 2008 & September 4, 2008
F. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
G. PUBLIC COMMENT (3 minute limit/person 15 minutes maximum)
Contributions more than $250
ZA 08-08: Ben D. Trail has made a request to rezone a 56.179 acre tract; TMP#113-058 from RA (Residential Agricultural) to CHB (Commercial Highway Business) for a proposed restaurant, retail establishment, motel and office complex; Location: GA Hwy 400 and Kilough Church Road.
Planning Commission recommended denial of the application on 08/19/08.
ZA 08-09: Crownway Properties, LLC, has submitted a request to rezoning 14.995 acres of tract; TMP#111-116 from R1 (Single Family Residential) to CHB (Commercial Highway Business) for a proposed Commercial-Retail Development; Location: GA Hwy 400 and West Stowers Road.
Planning Commission recommended approval of the application on 08/19/08 with the following stipulations: 1) 80’ vegetative buffer where adjoining non-commercial property 2) No commercial activity after 11:00 p.m.
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Proposed Changes regarding Height Limitations – 2nd of 2 hearings
2. C-PCD Permitted Uses – 1st of 2 hearings
3. ORDINANCE: Novelty or Toy like Lighters – 2nd of 2 hearings
J. OLD BUSINESS
K. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval to advertise Public Hearings regarding the Revised Storm Water Regulations
2. Approval of Kare for Kids parking at the Moonshine Festival
3. Approval to advertise Public Hearings regarding the Current Zoning Ordinances & Subdivision Regulations (1982 – 2008)
4. Amended Public Comment Policy
M. PUBLIC COMMENT