Commission Meeting Agendas Archive
Voting Session Agenda- April 21, 2011
DAWSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
VOTING SESSION AGENDA - THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2011
THE G.L. PETE GILLELAND CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
A. ROLL CALL
B. OPENING PRESENTATION – Stacey Leonhardt – Chestatee Regional Library
AWARD PRESENTATION - Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting to CFO Cindy Campbell by County Manager Tanner
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Approval of the Minutes from the Planning Session held on March 31, 2011
Approval of the Minutes from the Voting Session held on April 7, 2011
F. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
G. PUBLIC COMMENT (3 minute limit/person 15 minutes maximum)
H. ALCOHOL LICENSE HEARINGS
ZA 11-01 – Larry Long has submitted a request on behalf of Forestar Group to rezone 1,068 acres of TMP 090-015 from RA (Residential Agricultural) and RPC (Residential Planned Community) to Mixed Use Village. The property is located at 1624 Burt Creek Road and Highway 136. The Planning Commission recommended approval of the concept plan as submitted but only approved the rezoning application for the land south of Hwy 136 with the following seven (7) stipulations:
1. The Master Development Plan shall incorporate Johnny Chester Road to provide access to the private property adjacent to the development.
2. In conjunction with the Master Development Plan the Developer shall develop a Traffic Improvement plan that corresponds with the traffic study dated November 2010 which shall be approved by the County Engineer and GDOT.
3. All signalized intersections shall meet Georgia Department of Transportation’s Regulations and shall be approved prior to Master Development Plan approval.
4. The developer shall increase the undisturbed buffer widths along state waters and wetlands form the existing state (25’ and 50’) to a width to be determined by the developer at the Master Development Plan stage. The Developer shall preserve native streams and the environment as much as possible.
5. The developer shall submit a Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) to FEMA studying all streams to a point where the drainage area is 100 acres or already appears as Zone A floodplain whichever is more stringent. The LOMR shall be approved prior to any development.
6. Add a 50’ undisturbed buffer along the south side of Land Lot 38 and 39 and to the west side of Land Lot 39.
7. The developer shall coordinate with the School System prior to the approval of the Master Development Plan on proposed school location and needs.
ZA 11-02 – James Terry Cranford has submitted a request to rezone 4.46 acres of TMP 076-045 from C-CB (Commercial Community Business) to RSRMM (Residential Sub-Rural Manufactured/Moved). The property is located at 2563 Kelly Bridge Road. The Planning Commission recommended approval as applied.
J. PUBLIC HEARINGS
K. OLD BUSINESS
L. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of the Parade and Assembly application: Kiwanis Club 5K/10K Races
2. Approval to Surplus K-9 "Rex"
3. Approval of Station 8 Community Cookout Fundraiser
4. Approval to hold the GA Firefighter Burn Foundation Boot Campaign
5. Approval of the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Grant Application
6. Approval of the Sawnee EMC Membership Round-Up Grant Application
7. Approval of Narrow Banding Bid vendor and contract
8. Approval to institute Training Center Charges
9. Approval of the Inmate Medical Services Agreement with Chestatee Regional Hospital
10. Approval of the Resolution Adopting the Retention Schedules for Local Government Records as Established by the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office
11. Approval of the Resolution to Support Raising the Elevation Levels of Lake Lanier
N. PUBLIC COMMENT