Dawson County Government News
Mandatory Water Restrictions for Dawson County
Based on recommendations by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD), Gov. Nathan Deal approved a Level 2 Drought Response designation for more than 50 counties including Dawson County.
During a Level 2 Drought Response, outdoor landscape watering is only allowed two days a week determined by odd and even-numbered addresses. Even-numbered addresses and properties without numbered addresses may water on Wednesday and Saturday between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Odd-numbered addresses may water Thursday and Sunday between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Prohibited outdoor water uses include:
· Washing hard surfaces such as streets and sidewalks
· Water for ornamental purposes, such as fountains
· The use of fire hydrants, except for firefighting and public safety
· Non-commercial washing of vehicles
· Non-commercial pressure washing
· Fundraising car washes